Piedmont, Italy: Wine, Truffles, Risotto – and Lake Como, 2016
The wines: One of Italy’s finest wine regions, and the home of Nebbiolo, the Langhe produces distinct, world-class wines. Its Barolos and Barbarescos have been called the King and Queen of Italian wines; but we’ll also try the Barberas, Dolcettos, Timorossos and more!
The food: Alba’s White Truffle Festival is considered one of the world’s top food festivals, overflowing with wine tastings, food demos, the Harvest Market and of course, lots & lots of truffles! And while truffles may be the finest of delicacies, they’re only one of many culinary treats in Piedmont.
The vistas: Long before George Clooney, spectacular Lake Como has drawn jet-set visitors to its crystal shores.
We’d love to share these exquisite experiences with you!
We are thrilled to invite you for a food and wine feast in Northern Italy this October!
Highlights of our one-week trip include:
- Personal visits to wineries in the Roero and Langhe: the sparkling wines of Asti, the powerful Nebbiolo wines of Barolo and Barbaresco, and more
- Participation in Alba’s immersive White Truffle Fair. PLUS, we’ll be there for Sunday’s famous Donkey Palio – a hilariously historic event found nowhere else in the world!
- Visits to food artisans with tastings of regional specialties, including the renowned cheeses of Bra (home of the Slow Food movement), hazelnuts, an artisan gelato producer, and even a rice farm – to savor Piedmont’s famous risotto
- Soaking in the stunning Langhe countryside, now on the UNESCO World Heritage list
- A day of food and culture in the richly atmospheric capital city of Turin
- Two nights and plenty of free time to luxuriate in Lake Como – take a water taxi to small towns, pop over to Switzerland for the day, or simply luxuriate in the view from the patio
We don’t believe in over-scheduling you; transit time and hotel transfers are kept to an absolute minimum. You’ll have plenty of free time to explore at your own pace.
If you’re in Atlanta, plan to attend our pre-trip Food and Wine Tasting to prepare you for the delicacies to come!
The group is purposefully small. Our 14-person maximum includes your two host-guides. We are only inviting our “friends & family”, and we expect the remaining 10 seats to book very quickly – so here are the key details:
- Dates: October 1-8, 2016
- Location: Arrive & depart Milan’s Malpensa Airport. Two nights in Alba during the Truffle festival, two nights in the Langhe countryside, one night Turin, two nights Lake Como.
- Cost: Approximately $3,600 pp/double occupancy. $400 single supplement.
- Includes: Ground transportation, hotel rooms, all breakfasts, 5 dinners, 5 lunches, all winery visits, tastings, admission fees, etc. Airfare not included.
- Deadline: $1,000 pp deposit due by March 15. Spots are first-come, first-served, so speak up to save your spot